Former Mecca Bingo Club, Burnt Oak Broadway, Edgware, London
Conversion and extension of a Grade II Listed building to co-working and co-living use.
16,000sqft NIA co-working space plus 125 co-living studios with associated amenities and a ground floor café.
The former Mecca Bingo Club on Burnt Oak Broadway is a Grade II Listed Building that was built in 1936 and opened originally as the Savoy Cinema. Since the closure of the Bingo Club in 2014 the building lied empty and out of use.
RnH Architects were appointed to find an appropriate new use for the Listed cinema and identify opportunities to extend the building where possible, bringing a passive asset back into life.
Working together with the Client, the Local Council, Historic England, and other stake holders, a mixed use proposal was developed that restores the former cinema’s main facades and interior spaces, turning it into flexible co-working use, and provides 125 co-living studios in a 3 storey roof and 7 storey side extension.
Status: Planning Application approved
Total GIA: 91,150sqft